Since 1999, the Law Enforcement Chaplaincy Service in Sonoma County has provided support to law enforcement, firefighters, emergency medical personnel, their families, and members of our community who find themselves in the midst of tragedy and loss.
Our mission is to respond to requests from law enforcement and provide immediate emotional support and follow up care to them and to the members of our community who have suffered tragedy and loss. We are an interfaith community of compassionate volunteers without religious, political, or legal agendas.
What We've Achieved
- Jefferson Award ~ A national award given for excellence in community leadership and involvement.
- Merit Award ~ Given by the Santa Rosa City Council for providing Chaplains serving Public Safety Personnel, people with emergency medical needs, crime victims and their families.
- Volunteers of Courage Award ~ Given by the Sonoma County District Attorney for distinguished leadership and outstanding contribution in serving Sonoma County crime victims.
- Certificate of Appreciation ~ Given by then Attorney General of the State of California, Bill Lockyer.
- Certificate in Recognition of Outstanding Dedication and Commitment to the Crisis Team ~ Given by Santa Rosa City Schools.